Issaquah KIDSTAGE Originals
While They Last
A Musical Devised, Created, and Written by Aresa Berry, Colin Bixler, Riah Brazier, Roze Hsu, Kaia Rubin, Sidh Shroff
Directed by Nicole Beerman
Music Directed by David Taylor Gomes
Writing Mentorship by Tony Curry
Music Mentorship by Rico Lastrapes
Audition Location: Francis J. Gaudette Theatre, 303 Front St N, Issaquah, WA, 98027
Age Range: Grade 9-age 20
Tuition: $550. Financial need will not be a barrier to participate.
Auditions: January 22, 2023
Callbacks: January 27, 2023
Rehearsals: February 10–March 23, 2023
Performances: March 24–April 2, 2023
When Cri faces losing the love of her life she unwittingly spirals time out of control. She meets an agent of the DTA (Department of Time Anomalies) and must face the decision of saving her love or saving time altogether. A hauntingly beautiful story about learning to deal with loss, grief, and the unknown.
What is a Developmental Production?
Last year’s production of While They Last was presented as a stage reading, where actors performed the show holding scripts and with minimal design elements, staging, or choreography. The show was not memorized, and new pages and script/music changes were made up until opening night. The first presentation of a new work is typically done as a reading.
This year’s production will culminate in a fully realized production with design elements, and fully directed and choreographed, building on the material written last season, the play will expand and be performed over two weekends.
How to Register for Auditions:
- First click the “Register for Auditions” link below and fill out the form.
- Then, click “Schedule your Audition” below.
- On the scheduling page, select “KIDSTAGE Auditions.”
- Then, click “Book” next to the show you’d like to audition for.
- Select January 22, choose your audition time slot, and click “continue.”
- Fill out your information.
If you are unable to make in-person auditions, feel free to submit a video audition using the link below. In your video, please include:
- One audition song (16-32 bars, or about 60-90 seconds of music). The song can either be from musical theatre or popular music.
- One audition monologue (one minute or less in length)
Video auditions for While They Last are due Sunday, January 22 at 6 p.m.