Village Theatre Institute is an auditioned, school-year musical theatre training program for grade 6–age 20, designed for disciplined students ready to study, train, and perform at an advanced level. This program will help develop the theatre and life skills necessary for a professional career in theatre or any other vocation.
Institute students enroll for 26 weeks of acting, singing, and dance. Every aspect of this program is taught by some of the region’s finest teaching artists, directors, choreographers, music directors, and musical theatre writers and composers. Institute students who meet casting requirements for certain Mainstage and/or Beta productions may occasionally receive special consideration for performance intern opportunities.
All students who audition for the Institute are also considered for the Pathway to Institute program, which is geared towards students newer to theatrical training or new to one or more foundational areas of study.
- Issaquah Institute classes meet September–May from approximately 4:00–9:00 pm on Mondays (grade 10–age 20) or Tuesdays (grades 7–9).
- Everett Institute classes meet September–May from approximately 4:00–9:00 pm on Mondays (grade 8–age 20) or Tuesdays (grades 6 –9).
Students and families love Village Theatre Institute:
- “Institute is the highlight of my week!” Institute Student
- “I love it so much! Everyone values you and accepts you for your weird, quirky self.” Institute Student
- “Great staff and teachers… very engaged and responsive… extensive experience and professionalism.” Institute Parent
- “We love the connection to such an outstanding regional (and national!) theatre program.” Institute Parent