KIDSTAGE is accepting applications for student musicians on a rolling basis, whether or not there is a show currently in progress.
We strongly recommend at least two years of experience on your instrument(s). Applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 14 and 25
- Have the ability to sight read music
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to learn an entire score outside of scheduled music rehearsals
- Be in possession of, or have access to, their instrument that they can transfer to the space for rehearsals and performances. Piano/keyboard is the only exception.
Musicians over the age of 18 are eligible for a cost-reimbursement stipend, designed to cover travel expenses to and from the theatre. Musicians under the age of 18 are volunteer positions only.
To apply, please complete the youth orchestra application. You’ll need the following information:
- A resume of previous orchestra and/or musician performance experience
- Dates of availability at the time of submitting. We recognize your availability may change if KIDSTAGE currently has no performing shows at the time of your application.
- Two videos showcasing your musicianship on your instrument. If possible, please include one video playing from a musical theatre score.
- Videos may be home recordings, solos at a concert, or public performances. Please make sure you are the primary soloist in each video.
- If you play more than one instrument, please submit one video for each instrument instead of two per instrument.
Youth Orchestra Application