EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2022
FOR CLASSES, INSTITUTE, AND PATHWAY: All Students 12 and older are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or weekly negative COVID-19 tests for all programs.
FOR PRODUCTIONS: All participants are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Students/Parents should complete the Health Attestation and Vaccination Documentation form before attending first class or first rehearsal.
These requirements are based on guidance and mandates from WA State, King, and Snohomish Counties, and the various stage and actor’s unions with which Village Theatre closely works. As our Mainstage casts and crews return to our buildings, the strict testing and reduced exposure requirements made by the unions to protect our professional artists will be upheld by all activities in Village Theatre buildings. Additionally, Village Theatre joins other performing arts organizations in the region in requiring masks and vaccinations or proof of negative COVID-19 tests for all performance attendees to ensure a safe and successful return of the greater Seattle arts scene.
If you have questions or concerns regarding information provided here or are faced with a hardship in meeting the requirements, please reach out to our COVID Response Team at email@example.com. We will work closely with KIDSTAGE staff to support students and families through this process.
Acceptable proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 includes:
- Official vaccination card (including name, type of vaccine received, and date of last dose administered)
- Photo of the official vaccination card as a separate document
- Digital photo of the vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state immunization information system record, such as https://myirmobile.com/
Classes, Institute, and Pathway: For students age 12+ who are not vaccinated, proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours must be provided prior to each class. A virtual Zoom option is available for our Institute and Pathway students.
Acceptable proof of negative COVID-19 test result includes:
- COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours and administered by a test provider or health care provider -OR- COVID-19 Antigen test taken within 24 hours of the class start time, and administered by a test provider or health care provider
- Self-reported negative tests will not be accepted
- “At home” tests that are not performed by a test provider, laboratory, or health care provider will not be accepted
- Results must be in a printed document from the test provider or laboratory or an email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory that includes name of person tested, type of test performed, and date of negative test result.
- Our existing safety guidelines and operating procedures will remain in place, which include:
- Masks are required to be worn at all times on-site
- Daily health screenings are required for students and staff members, and temperatures are taken at the door
- Social distancing guidance will be followed
- CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidance will be followed
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing is encouraged
- Enhanced air quality measures have been implemented, including MERV-13 air filters, open windows for increased fresh air whenever possible, and added HEPA air purifiers in class spaces
- Drop-off and pick-ups will be managed outside our buildings
- Family members and guests are not allowed in the buildings
Village Theatre will ensure compliance with health and safety protocols and will continue to adapt as guidelines evolve. We appreciate your support and understanding as we continue to navigate how best to have our students, educators, staff, performers, and patrons remain as safe as possible which allows us to continue with in-person programming.