Master Sound Engineer - Everett
General Description: Village Theatre, a non-profit professional regional theatre, seeks an experienced Master Sound Engineer for our Everett location. This is a seasonal, full time staff position. This position operates under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Village Theatre and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local #15.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Act as sound engineer for all Mainstage shows on the EPAC stage.
- Act as sound engineer for all rental events on the EPAC stage.
- Coordinate with incoming rental engineers to facilitate their needs and integration with the EPAC sound system.
- Maintain all audio equipment for the EPAC space. Coordinate all outside repairs with repair shops.
- Keep an up to date inventory of all EPAC audio equipment.
- Organize and clean audio department areas on a regular basis.
- Work with dressers, wardrobe and running crew on proper wireless mic operation and simple troubleshooting.
- Assist FJG Master Sound Engineer with transfer of Mainstage shows and equipment to EPAC.
- Install and maintain all closed-circuit video and intercom.
- Assist KIDSTAGE programs when appropriate.
- Plan and submit requests to improve audio operations.
- 5-6 years theatrical sound and audio engineering.
- 2 years master level crew management.
- Working familiarity with Yamaha audio consoles.
- Troubleshooting experience with audio equipment including wireless microphones and speaker systems.
- Skilled at line mixing in the style of Broadway musicals.
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a large ensemble company side by side with scenic and stage carpenters, scenic artists, designers, property artisans, and management.
- High degree of creativity in problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks without close supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
Please send cover email and resume titled Master Sound Engineer to:
Stacey A. Garrett, Stage Operations Supervisor- email@example.com
No calls please
Telesales Team Member
The Village Theatre is hiring for its telephone fundraising and subscription campaign. Join a wonderful and successful campaign as we market fundraising opportunities and season tickets. This is a great position for an experienced caller or someone interested in getting their foot in the door at a non-profit or arts organization. Pay is $12/hr + generous bonuses. Top callers make $20+/hr. We work from the Francis J. Gaudette Theatre, evenings from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., 20 hours a week.
We offer a supportive and positive environment with complementary tickets occasionally available. Work for an organization that enriches the community. Prior outbound sales or non-profit phone experience preferred. To apply, email resume and/or short cover letter. Top candidates will be contacted via email. No phone calls please.
Audience Services Representative - Issaquah
Reports to Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager
As part of the Issaquah Village Theatre Box Office, the Audience Services Representative must have good communication skills with a positive, friendly, and outgoing personality. Must be prompt, reliable, and detail oriented. The position is hourly with an average of 20 hours a week. Flexibility in work times is a must, including day, nights and weekends.
- Handle large volume of in-bounds sales, exchanges and inquires with the highest level of courtesy and professionalism.
- Sell new and renewing subscriptions, single tickets, gift certificates, and memberships.
- Provide helpful information for performances, pricing options, parking, directions, local restaurants and seating for patrons with disabilities.
- Assist with patron relations and resolve complex patron inquiries and complaints by phone.
- Maintain familiarity with subscription and single ticket marketing initiatives, patron loyalty program, donor benefits, Village Theatre events and website.
- Provides concierge services before performances and during intermissions to warmly greet and engage patrons and get them excited about our productions, as well as provide normal Box Office services.
- Cover Box Office duties at First Stage performances, both for KIDSTAGE and Village Original productions.
- Attend all Main Stage productions preferably during the Friends and Family preview or opening week.
- Guide patrons though their online interactions.
- Keep up a professional appearance in dress and attitude, and have a general appreciation for and understanding of live theatre.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Commitment to superior customer service with strong problem solving skills. Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and able to juggle several tasks while answering phone calls.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a small office
- Ability to adjust priorities and assignments to meet patron and company needs
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and most basic software, and capable of learning new ticketing and CRM systems quickly. Previous ticketing experience is helpful.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
- Pleasant and clear speaking voice both in person and over the phone, as well as clean and clear handwriting.
Please attach a resume and cover letter to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Box Office Audience Services Representative position”. No phone calls or in person applications will be considered.
Audience Services Representative - Everett
Everett Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager
Job Summary: Village Theatre is looking for a friendly, reliable, detail-oriented person to work in the Everett Box Office. Job is part time up to 20hrs/week. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed. EEO
Sell tickets and provide accurate records of sales and deposits while maintaining a positive image of Village Theatre. Work as a team within the Box Office and within the entire organization to provide superior service for Village Theatre patrons and to support each department.
- Provide excellent customer service and accurate information to all patrons and visitors in a friendly manner.
- Handle customer complaints or refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Understand and operate Theatre Manager ticketing software to sell tickets, make exchanges, and access and update customer information.
- Take and process single and season ticket orders for all Village Theatre events, as well as rental events at the Everett Performing Arts Center, and record the desired marketing and mailing information.
- Accurately handle purchases and redemptions of gift certificates.
- Keep complete and accurate hard copies of season ticket information.
- Assist the Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager in the preparation and mailing of season tickets.
- During subscription season, file subscription forms daily and ensure that all filed forms have been processed.
- Count and balance checks, cash, and credit cards at the close of each day. Run End of Day reports.
- Ensure that till(s) have been counted and initialed as counted at the close of each business day.
- Keep the Box Office secure at all times and allow only authorized personnel in the Box Office.
- Prepare House Manager Report immediately following the start of each performance.
- Perform other duties as required by Box Office Manager, Assistant Box Office Manager, or General Manager.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Box Office Audience Services Representative.” No phone calls please.
KIDSTAGE Music Instructors, Everett
We are currently looking for Music Instructors for our classes and camps. Instructors are hired on a class-by-class basis.
KIDSTAGE camps encourage collaboration, teamwork and communication, respect for self and others, healthy and constructive behavior choices, as well as build self-esteem & confidence.
KIDSTAGE Music Instructors work in a fun and professional environment helping students learn music, proper technique, and strengthening the vocal instrument. Strong piano skills are preferred but not required.
Please send cover letter, resume, salary history, and references to:
KIDSTAGE Education & Outreach Manager
2710 Wetmore Avenue, Everett, WA 98201
or by email
Summer Arts Education Internship - Issaquah & Everett
Village Theatre KIDSTAGE seeks students 18 years of age and above for internships in our classrooms for summer 2018. KIDSTAGE Internship programs support the development of outstanding theatre professionals by providing a structured program of training, coursework, and extensive progressive in-class and hands-on learning experiences. Designed to prepare students for careers in theatre arts, internships translate the KIDSTAGE philosophy of “Skills for Theatre … Skills for Life” into classroom technique.
Internship programs are available in Issaquah and Everett Washington and include:
- A customized learning plan
- 20–40 hours per week spent in the classroom assisting an experienced theatre arts educator.
- Strong and consistent mentorship by a theatre professional
- A progressive learning experience that can potentially lead to paid positions
- Teaching skills applicable to career opportunities
- The promotion of positive values through art
- Some internships include a stipend to reimburse expenses depending on schedule or program
Please complete the online application form