Auditions: Sunday, March 5, 2017
- CLICK HERE to access the new web sign-ups for an audition appointment
- Actors will be asked to cold read and learn music from the show at their audition
- Actors should also prepare 32 bars of a contemporary musical theatre song. They may or may not be asked to perform it.
- Bring piano sheet music in a three-ring binder.
- Bring one copy of your photo and resume.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will start March 11, 2017
Performances: March 31st-April 2nd, 2017 at the First Stage Theatre
(Scholarships and work-exchange are available. Casting is not determined by ability to pay.)
Book, Music, and Lyrics by 2017 KIDSTAGE Originals Team
Monti Fleck, Zoe Johnson, Sophie Poole, Andrea Scott, Megan Titus, and Riley Toland
Directed by Kate Jaeger
Music Mentor/Music Directed by Adam Quillian
Writing Mentor: Tony Curry
About the Show: Stay tuned!
About KIDSTAGE Originals:
For the advanced performer and emerging theatre artist, KIDSTAGE Originals is a unique process and performance opportunity. Student writers and composers collaborate in a workshop process with professional writers, composers and lyricists to create original material, which then is shaped into a new musical. This new piece of theatre is cast with young performers and brought to life in a staged reading. The Company consists of experienced young actors, writers, composers and lyricists interested in further developing skills in theatre performance and in creating their own original characters and stories. The Company Originals production is written by, for, and about teens, and it addresses issues teens find important today. Past original teen works include: Playing Fair, trust me., Hot Mess, Last Exit, In Your Eyes, A Perfect Fall, Save As, and The Last Shot.